Podz Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the products and services offered by us, the Company’s website located at www.listentopodz.com (the “Website”), the Company’s mobile website, and the Company’s mobile applications (the “App”), including any content, functionality, and services offered on or through the App or the Website (collectively the “Services”).
Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
We collect offline or on any other mobile applications, services, products, or websites you may access through the Services.
You provide to or is collected by any third party.
Third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect information from and about users of our Services:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically when you use the Services.
• From third party service providers (including social media platforms such as Twitter) if you choose to log in or integrate the Services with your third party accounts.
• From other users of the Services.
When you download, register with, or use the Services, we may ask you provide information:
• By which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, telephone number, or by any other information the Services collect that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
• That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your podcast preferences, listening habits, and other interactions with and via the Services.
• About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and usage details.
This information includes:
• Information that you provide by posting material to or filling in forms in the Services, such as information provided at the time of registering to use the Services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Services.
• Information that you provide by registering using social media account details, such as your Twitter account. If you choose to register this way, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider, such as your username, profile picture, biographical information, and information about your actions (such as likes and comments) or relationships (such as follows and contacts).
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
You may also provide information for publication or display (“Posted”) on public areas of the Services (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by adjusting your privacy setting in the App, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Services, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Services, including
When you download, access, and use the Services, we may use technology to automatically collect:
• Usage Details. When you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Services, including traffic data, location data, log data, search queries, likes, dislikes, consumption metrics, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services.
• Device Information and Access. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, application identifiers, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number. We may also request access to certain features from your mobile device, including your bluetooth, calendar, contacts, microphone, sensors, sms messages, social media accounts, and other features.
You may be able to limit our access to your device in the device’s settings. If you do not want us to collect information that you are not able to limit in the device’s settings, delete the App from your device AND do not access THE Services.
When you use the Services or their content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device.
These third parties may include:
• Third party providers with whom you link your account, such as Twitter.
• Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
The ability to integrate the Services with a third party account, such as Twitter or other social media platforms or to access third-party service providers and websites (such as full length podcasts) via links on the Services is provided as a convenience to you; we do not operate, control or endorse any third party. It is your choice whether to utilize or access these links and integrations or not. These external websites, applications, platforms, and products are subject to their own privacy policies. If you choose to sync the Services with a third party account, then you give your permission for any personal and other information on the Services to be shared with the third party service provider. You can withdraw your permission at any time, but if you do, you may no longer be able to access some of the Services.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
• Provide you with the Services and personalize contents (such as targeting podcasts to you) and to provide you with any other information or services that you request from us.
• Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• Give you notices about your account.
• Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• Notify you when updates to the Services are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• For other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
• Target podcasts, content, and Services to you.
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services and the content you receive according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• To display targeted advertisements to you.
• Recognize you when you use the Services.
• To contact you about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Most of your activity on the Services is publicly displayed, including:
• your profile (such as your username and bio)
• the podcasts and users you follow and who follow you
• your “likes”, interests, comments, and other interactions with podcasts or other users
• your User Contributions
If you contributed to, are featured in, or otherwise mentioned in connection with a podcast on the Services, we may automatically associate your account with that podcast by creating a link in your profile to such podcast(s). You may change certain information that is shared on the Services by changing the settings in the App.
If you engage with an advertisement on our Services, that advertiser might learn information about you associated with the ad with which you engaged such as characteristics of the audience the ad was intended to reach. Any User Contribution associated with another user’s account may remain on the Services after you delete your account. Information posted about you by other users our Services may also be public.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
We may also disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the
• Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our users is among the assets transferred.
• To target the advertisements you receive from our advertising partners and affiliates so that they more relevant to you and to measure the effectiveness of those advertisements.
• To help recognize your devices to enable our advertising partners and affiliates to deliver advertisements to you on and off of the Services.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls and is encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out or posting information in public areas of the Services like message boards or chats. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.